A Guide to Functional Evaluation Testing
Surgery is something that no one wants to go through. But sometimes it’s necessary, whether it’s emergency surgery or a planned surgery. One of the best things to have done before you have surgery is functional evaluation testing.
What is functional evaluation testing?
This test determines and establishes your functional status and ability. It’s an evaluation that is done before surgery to see what your abilities are, and then it’s done after surgery to see how you are improving.
Things that are done during this testing are:
- Static lift
- Range of motion
- Consistency check
- Pinch testing
- Hand testing
So, now that we know what type of testing this is, you want to know more. What are the benefits of this type of testing? There are quite a few benefits:
- Necessity – It shows third parties that you need to be treated and that you need continued care.
- Treatment – It shows that you need to have rehabilitation and physical therapy. It also helps with facilitating efficient and proper treatment.
- Progress – It shows how you are improving or if you aren’t improving so that your treatment or plan might change. It also shows your progress or lack thereof.
- Appeals – If your claim has been denied, such as if you were in a car accident or hurt at work, it can support your denial appeals.
- Court – Shows information that is necessary if you were to need to take someone to court.
- Care – Helps to show the right path for your care
- Deficits – It helps to see if there are any deficiencies
- Injuries – Helps to see if there are any injuries to your nerves
- Disability – If you’re trying to get a disability, this can help with identifying your disability ratings.
- Easy for Patients – This is a non-invasive test and it’s easy for you.
- Facilitates Proper and Efficient Treatment
- Work – Helps to put you back at the safest work level when returning to work.
- Support – This will help with supporting other types of objective findings.
- Capabilities – Helps your doctors determine your physical capabilities.
This type of evaluation is especially important when you are claiming an injury due to a car accident or when you were injured due to someone else’s negligence, either at work or in a store. This type of test is well documented and can help you with showing that what you are saying is true, that you’re not simply fudging the information.
It’s difficult when you’re injured or in pain and you have problems with your health. It’s even worse when you have people who don’t believe you and who may think that you aren’t being honest about how you are feeling. This type of test can help you and your doctors show that you are having the issues that you say you’re having and that you really are limited as to what you can do.
If you are having issues with court or a disability case, one of the best things that you can do is to have this testing done. It can help you with your case.
At Kayal Orthopaedic Center we will always make sure that these points are ready before any procedure is performed. Finding the solution to your health problems in a safe way and with the best conditions is one of the main characteristics we look for.
Call us at 844-777-0910 or book an appointment here!