We’re Celebrating the Amazing Women of Kayal Medical Group
Who Make Our Team Stronger & Even More Incredible
This month is Women’s History Month, a celebration of the women who have made a difference in our world through the years. Not surprisingly, many of the women we honor are pioneers in the health care profession—women like:
- Elizabeth Blackwell, MD, the first woman in the U.S. to earn a medical degree.
- Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing.
- Rebecca Lee Crumpler, MD, the first African-American woman in the U.S. to earn a medical degree.
- Mary Edwards Walker, MD, an American abolitionist, prohibitionist, prisoner of war and surgeon. She is the only woman to ever receive the Medal of Honor.
- Jane Cooke Wright, MD, a pioneering cancer researcher and surgeon noted for her contributions to chemotherapy.
- Clara Barton, an American nurse and founder of the Red Cross.
- Susan La Flesche Picotte, MD, a Native American and the first indigenous woman to earn a medical degree.
- Antonia Novello, MD, a Puerto Rican doctor, the first woman and first Hispanic to become Surgeon General.
This list of impressive women got us thinking about our own amazing women at the Kayal Medical Group. We are all brighter, bolder and better health care providers because of them.
Recently, we asked our outstanding female employees to sit down and share some of their thoughts about what it’s like for women in health care and, more specifically, for women at Kayal Medical Group. We are so very proud of them and all that they bring to the table.
Here are some insights from just a few members of our outstanding team:
- Dr. Theresa Ronna, board-certified podiatrist: “In my career I have been confronted with gender-related roadblocks, but since I’ve been at the Kayal Orthopaedic Center, I’ve always felt that I am equal to my male counterparts.”
- Erin Unger, physician assistant: “Dr. Kayal has never thought that the female PA cannot do what the male PA can do. He looks at what we can bring to the table and how we can help our patients and how we can help the practice.”
- Assal Nour, foot and ankle surgeon: “Our community and our patients are way better off having the diversity available to them, which makes them feel a lot more comfortable when they come to see one of our physicians or one of our providers.”
We told you they were amazing! If you would like to “meet” these and other incredible women on our team, we invite you to check out this video.
At Kayal Medical Group, we’re honored to have a diverse team of surgeons, specialists, physical therapists and more. We believe that providing you with choices makes your experience with us so much better. You can learn more about each of our team members here.
If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment, you can call us at 844.777.0910 or contact us through our website.